Our First Proposed Project
The first project the OZFund proposes to develop is the prior Rebmans Property, South Queen Street, Lancaster, Pennsylvania. Additional Opportunity Zone Funds may be formed to acquire other properties in Lancaster and/or York, Pennsylvania and possibly elsewhere
- The proposed project will include +/- 72 affordable apartments and +/- 14,684sf of commercial area all designed and managed by Lancaster based Professional Design and Construction (PD&C) who will act as the overall project manager and construction contractor. PD&C is charged with responsibly maximizing the best use of the existing infrastructure to create meaningful living and commercial spaces.
- A roof garden is being considered in the design for use by our tenants. Besides the decorative benefit, roof gardens may provide food, temperature control, hydrological benefits, architectural enhancement and recreational opportunities. The practice of cultivating food on the rooftop of buildings is sometimes referred to as rooftop farming. Rooftop farming is usually carried out using hydroponics, aeroponics or other environmentally focused irrigation system.
- The OZFund is dedicated to transforming distressed properties into affordable housing and commercial spaces. Our team is responsible for identifying, analyzing, structuring, negotiating and managing OZFund projects with an emphasis on affordability and sustainability.
- The OZFund and its Partners have more than 35 years of start-up company and commercial development experience.
Proposed Site Plan
Permits, Licenses and Approvals
- Mixed use zoning.
- Development to be managed by OZFund principals in conjunction with professional advisors.
- Requests for building permits and approvals to be managed by professional advisors.
- Residential and Commercial Tenants will be pre-approved for a lease.
Customers and Needs
- Our apartment tenants will enjoy bright, spacious and airy accommodation with energy efficient appliances (including washer/dryer).
- Monitoring Security.
- Commercial Tenants may include professional and retail organizations. Preference will be given to business tenants offering food, grocery, pharmacy, day care center, health/urgent care center, fitness center and professional services.
- The southern end of Lancaster City needs single-family apartments and businesses who can serve the local community, in a safe, friendly environment.
Proposed Project: Aerial View West
Proposed Project: Aerial View East
- The entire proposed project will be designed with a commitment to environmental sustainability. We will make every effort to reduce unnecessary carbon emissions while maintaining the necessities to support a modern lifestyle.
- In addition to implementing state-of-the-art clean energy technology, redevelopment plans will include a community rooftop garden, from which tenants can take part in a community supported agriculture (CSA) program.
- At every stage of the propsosed project, these efforts require close cooperation of the Mayor and City Council, Lancaster city housing and community organizations, design team, architects, engineers, and the community at large. The green building practice expands and compliments the classical building design concerns of economy, utility, durability, and comfort.
How To Invest